PreK-8 Catholic Religious Education
Sign up below to receive text and email Notifications about OLG CReEd
The mission of OLG’s CReEd program is to enable our children to carry on the Catholic faith as disciples and witnesses of Jesus.
The faith formation program at Our Lady of the Gulf will work to increase the interest and enhance our program by providing an interactive and cooperative learning experience for our children.
- To help support parents in their role as primary educators of their children
- To teach the life of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Model of Christian life.
- To help students open their hearts to Gods presence in their daily lives.
- To develop a strong sense of belonging to the parish family, as evidence by participation in Sunday Mass and other church activities.
- To prepare families and their children to receive the Sacraments.
Registered parishioners in Grades PK through 8 are automatically registered for the Religious Education A copy of each new student’s baptismal certificate must be provided at the time of registration. Please click on the links below to download the calendar and handbook.
Classes meet September 6 through May 6.
Adults are needed to serve as catechists for all grade levels. High school teens are encouraged to participate as classroom assistants. All volunteers should have a love of faith and children along with a desire to fill an essential role within a Christ-centered environment. Training and materials are provided. Time commitment involves weekly preparation and Wednesday morning class time. Child Protection training through the Archdiocese of Mobile is required for all adult participants.
For questions or additional information, please contact Parish Catechetical Leader: Suzette Taylor 251.968.7062.