Home » Children
Category Archives: Children
Our Lady of the Gulf Parish Hall
Turn your hot summer days into cool faith-filled experiences with Camping in God’s Creation.
Faith Meets Fun as Children imagine they are attending a summer camp, exploring what it means to be members of the Catholic Church. This theme reinforces the idea of our role in God’s creation and our responsibility to care for it. Highlights include
- Kids become “campers” as they explore their responsibility in caring for God’s creation.
- Kids meet at Camp Catholic.
- Catechists incorporate Catholic prayers.
- Scripture topics include the Creation story, the Ten Commandments, and the Ascension of Jesus Christ.
- Crafts include creation sashes, cabin banners, and camp lanterns.
From boys to girls, from youngsters to tweens—there’s something inspiring for every child in each Camping in God’s Creation.
During the month of May — a month named for and dedicated to Mary — Catholics around the world traditionally honor Our Blessed Mother with special devotional services like our May Crowning. The tradition in the United States and many other countries has been for school children to participate in a “May Crowning” ceremony, with a procession of students — girls wearing pretty spring dresses and boys in their “Sunday best”. During the service, a wreath of flowers is placed on a statue of Mary.